OCFS2 is the next generation of the Oracle Cluster File System for Linux. It is an extent based, POSIX compliant file system. Unlike the previous release (OCFS), OCFS2 is a general-purpose file system that can be used for shared Oracle home installations making management of Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) installations even easier. Among the new features and benefits are:
- Node and architecture local files using Context Dependent Symbolic Links (CDSL)
- Network based pluggable DLM
- Improved journaling / node recovery using the Linux Kernel "JBD" subsystem
- Improved performance of meta-data operations (space allocation, locking, etc).
- Improved data caching / locking (for files such as oracle binaries, libraries, etc)
OCFS2 will only work on the 2.6 series of the Linux kernel. As a result, OCFS2 packages are only available for 2.6 based distributions.
SuSE Linux Exterprise Server 9:Bundeled,need configuration
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4:not bundeled ,need to download and configure