Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Linux kernel Develoment

Now a days i am little bit busy. I am learning how to write device driver under linux(maily char and USB). i have spend lots of time to search good meterial (for beginner) from internet.I started with LKMPG 2.6.x from tldp.org. Next I should read LDD3 by rubini(reading..)I listed some online metirial which i found during my study. Hope you could save some time to finding these metirial. I have given all the downloadable link. You just have to click the link and save it. Second tutorial is a link for entire book. You could get chapterwise pdf file from this site.

Tutorial No. 1
The Linux Kernel Module Programming Guide
Tutorial No. 2
Linux Device Driver by Jonathan Corbet, Alessandro Rubini, and Greg Kroah-Hartman(2.6.x kernel) Tutorial No.3
Writing Character Device Driver for Linux
Tutorial No. 4
Programming Guide for Linux USB Device Drivers

Those who are realy interested in kernel development and device driver here is great resource list.

Kernel Resource List

Happy Hacking!

No comments: